12 April 2018

The Mad Monarchist Has Ended His Blog

It is with sadness that I mention that the Mad Monarchist, an excellent blog, has come to an end. Whilst I never met him in real life, MM and I have had a few telephone conversations over the years. I am sorry to see him go. Many people began their journey to monarchism by stumbling across his blog. He is leaving it up for at least the time being. I have encouraged him to leave it up indefinitely, because if one Googles 'monarchism', it is likely to be one of the sites one will find.

Here is his last post, and the title is now a link to his home page. Check him out!

Sayonara for now



Yes, I am packing it in and taking down the shingle. The point was reached a couple days ago but I wanted to finish up the mini-reviews of the kings of Portugal just in case anyone was interested and then do one last post to let everyone know what is happening so as not to just go silent. There are some issues that I have to deal with, some problems that need sorting out and trying to do so online clearly has not been helpful. Likewise, for some time, there are some who have been urging me to direct my energies toward other projects which, I am assured, will be more beneficial for myself and more productive in terms of their goals which are more political and nation-specific than what I have been doing here. I do not know how that will work out but, at the very least, I do expect it to be more simple and straightforward with everyone pulling in the same direction and with some people I know who will have my back regardless of the circumstances. In terms of what I will be doing, it will probably be more behind the scenes though I doubt anyone here will ever come across it in any event.

I do not like to see this end, if for no other reason than the amount of time I have put into it. The better part of a decade and currently with a consistent 3,500 readers, give or take, every day is, in my book, nothing to sneeze at for what is a very niche and non-mainstream topic. Obviously, not everyone is impressed and I am told I will be able to have a much bigger impact in other fields but it will not be the same as this blog was, from start to finish, entirely my own, my effort to carry on independently after the respectable monarchists showed me the door. It will always be my baby and I will keep it up for now, I may come back to it at some point depending on how things go elsewhere. For now anyway, I have to pack it in. I have some big things to figure out and some big decisions to make about going forward. To the one I shall not name who left the un-posted comment, I thank you for your sentiments, your words count more than most in my book and if you feel like discussing the issue in question further you can leave another message with your email address if you would like. If not, know that I do it appreciate your support and we'll leave it at that. And, thank you to all of you who are regular readers. Many have come and gone over the years but I do know a few who have stuck around almost from the very beginning. I do appreciate it, I am very grateful for it and sorry for disappointing.
Goodbye, farewell and Sayonara...

                   The Mad Monarchist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.