From A Catholic Life
By Matthew Plese
With the current crisis in regards to the coronavirus, many Dioceses or governments have suspended all Masses and gatherings. This is unprecedented in the Church. As a result, in most places, the faithful have been dispensed from Sunday Mass. Yet, while it is possible to be dispensed from the precept of assisting at Mass, the divine law requires that Sundays are nevertheless honored. We must refrain from servile works on Sundays, pray, worship God as we can, and perform works of mercy, in addition to using the time for rest and leisure with family or friends. See: Top 5 Ways to Sanctify Sunday When Mass is Suspended
In order for the faithful to help sanctify Sunday, many parishes are now livestreaming their Masses. In fact, many of the links here offer daily streaming - even the weekday Masses and the devotions.
During this Lent, we especially bear these crosses which the Lord has given us. When Lent started, we never planned to receive this Cross, but like our Lord, we must bear it with patience and resignation.
Some of these livestreams are only during this period of crisis. Others are available all year round. If you know of any more, please list them in the comment section below.
Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter
- LiveMass.net (with Masses broadcast from Los Angeles, Warrington, Sarasota, Friboug, and Guadalajara). You may view the daily live schedule here. Available Year Round
- SS. Trinità dei Pellegrini in Rome
Society of St. Pius V
Society of St. Pius X
Institute of Christ the King
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Oratory, San Jose, CA
- Most Precious Blood of Jesus Parish, Pittsburgh, PA
- Institute's Seminary in Italy
- Ss. Cyril and Methodius Shrine, Bridgeport, CT
- Shrine of Christ the King, Chicago, IL
- St. Stanislaus, Milwaukee, WI
- Sacred Heart Church, Limerick, Ireland, Videos of the Masses are available after the live Mass is over.
Sunday: 8 am: Low Mass 10:30 am: High Mass 6:15 pm: Vespers 7 pm: Low Mass
Monday to Thursday: 8 am: Low Mass 7 pm: Low Mass followed by Adoration with prayers in time of an epidemic
Friday: 8 am: Low Mass 7 pm: Low Mass
followed by Stations of the Cross and prayers in time of an epidemic
Saturday: 8 am: Low Mass 12 noon: Low Mass 7 pm: Adoration with prayers in time of an epidemic
- St. Gertrude the Great, West Chester, OH, Available Year Round
- St. John Cantius, Chicago, IL (Monday - Friday 8 AM CST, Sundays 7:30 AM & 12:30 PM CST. Exceptional quality of streaming).
- Servants of the Holy Family, Colorado Springs, CO Available Year Round
- Society of St. Augustine, Kansas City, KS
- Saint Jude Shrine, Stafford, TX Available Year Round
- Mater Ecclesia, Berlin NJ
- Fr John Zuhlsdorf will be livestreaming his TLMs on his YouTube channel.
Eastern Catholic Rites:
Schedule for the Shrine of Christ the King, Chicago, IL: