01 April 2018

God's April Fool Joke! I'm Dreaming of a Green Easter!

Remember that picture I posted over a week ago? The one of the beautiful crocuses blooming in our yard? Well here they are today!


We have about six inches of snow so far, and it's still coming down. The National Weather Service upgraded the forecast from a 'snow advisory' to a 'winter storm warning' a few hours ago.

We have overnight lows forecast in the teens and twenties the next few nights, so I don't think the crocus will survive, even under their blanket of snow. I am also worried that the daffodils and tulips which were coming up, tho' not yet budding, may be frozen off. This may be a comparatively colourless spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.