16 January 2018

I Missed the Community Supper

Last night was Monday, of course. However, since it was a Federal holiday and the Post Office was closed, my Cuter and Shorter Half did not have to work. We spent the day doing chores around the house and spending time on our computers, discussing what were were reading or watching.

I'd been lazy for a day or so, so there was a large mound of dishes to wash, and we'd finished the last of the bread Sunday evening. I did the dishes and made a loaf of Swedish rye bread with caraway seed. As the afternoon wore on, she started supper. We had some left over pasta sauce that she heated and she boiled spaghetti. My loaf of bread finished baking just before the spaghetti was ready, so we sat down to a hearty meal of pasta and warm bread with butter. As I like to say, I like some carbs with my carbs!

As I prepared to dig in to the delicious repast, I realised what day it was. I mentioned it, and, looking at the clock, she said I still had time to make it. Not likely! I wasn't passing up what was in front of me, even if it was vegetarian.

I'm sure I'll be asked about my absence when I go to the supper next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.