05 August 2018

Facebook Friends of the Old Curmudgeon, Please Read This

Just a post explaining how and where to follow 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon' on Facebook.

As I explained in my post, HELP!, early last month I've had my problems with Facebook. They seem to be over, at least for the time being, but I want to be prepared if they crack down again.

Originally, I had two presences on FB where I shared posts from Musings of an Old Curmudgeon, my personal account under my own name, Jovan Weismiller, and an FB group under the name, Musings of an old Curmudgeon. 

When the bannings began, I opened a second personal account under a fuller version of my own name, Jovan-Marya Weismiller, and established an FB Page on which to share posts. I had also, as I explain in the earlier post, resurrected a 'sock puppet' account I had used for game playing under the name, Ian MacGregor. I immediately put both Jovan Weismiller and Ian MacGregor as 'editors' of the page so I could post from both those accounts, if and when I regained access to the Jovan Weismiller account..

Within days, FB identified the Jovan-Marya Weismiller account as a duplicate and deleted it, but I could still post on the page as Ian MacGregor.

Then, I inadvertently locked myself out of the Ian MacGregor account and was effectively off Facebook. 

At any rate, I'm back as Jovan Weismiller, Jovan-Marya Weismiller no longer exists, and I'm permanently locked out of Ian MacGregor.

In order to assure continued access to Facebook, I've decided to take the following steps. 

1) Since I cannot access the Facebook page, 'Musinings of an Old Curmudgeon' if I get banned again under the name Jovan Weismiller, I'm going to stop posting on it. It will remain online because I no longer have admin access to delete it.

2) The group, Musings of an Old Curmudgeon', will become the primary, non-personal page site for posting the blog.

3) I have set up two other personal pages under translations of my name. I am cross posting on Jean Sagemeunier, and the third one I'm keeping in reserve in case I get banned as Jovan Weismiller again. Both of which are my real name translated into other languages. 'Sagemeunier' is French, and the other is Serbian, transliterated. Facebook won't recognise my name in Cyrillic, because it looks like it contains Latin characters, and they ban 'mixed alphabets'.

So, if you want to follow Musings of an Old Curmudgeon on Facebook, please 'like' the group of that name, and add one or the other of the personal accounts as a friend. If you want to follow only the blog, add Jean Sagemeunier. If you are interested in all the other things, jokes, cute pictures, and family news that I, like most people, post on their FB page, add Jovan Weismiller.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand why Facebook has a problem with having two sites, etc. I know many are having trouble with Facebook but it's not clear why they are doing this. What are they worried about? I do think eventually we are not going to have Facebook and will have to have our own media.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.