09 July 2018

The Story of Max and the Frog

I posted this on Facebook a year ago today, well before I started my blog.
We went camping at Clatonia last night. This morning, as we sat drinking our coffee, Max was running free. He loves chasing squirrels and rabbits, not that he ever catches them. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him take off in pursuit of something moving rather low through the grass. I thought it was a small rabbit, until he actually caught it and began to bring it to us. He had managed to catch a quite large bullfrog! I've been around dogs (and frogs) most of my life and have never heard of a dog catching a frog! Well done, Max!
The picture below is of Max relaxing in the backyard. He's usually barking and straining at the leash, trying to chase something!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.