01 July 2018

Thank You, Wilber, for the Canada Day Fireworks!

I'd like to thank the Wilber, NE Chamber of Commerce, the Wilber Lions Club and the Wilber Fire and Rescue Department for the lovely Canada Day fireworks display they put on for me! I enjoyed it, even if they thought it was for Independence Day. After all, today is Canada Day and the 4th isn't until Wednesday.

Her Excellency the Governor General tweeted earlier today, 'Wherever you are today, wear your maple leaf proudly! It's your celebration! Happy #CanadaDay', so I did. Of course, I wear the Maple Leaf every day. In the summer, if I'm not wearing my Maple Leaf flag cap, all my other caps have a Maple Leaf pin on them, and during the winter, my tuque has a Maple Leaf flag sewn on it.

Happy Canada Day to those parts of the True North, Strong and Free where it's still the holiday and all you Canadians enjoy your long weekend. God bless Canada and God save the Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.