08 December 2021

Guest Post: Jack Seney Discusses His 'White Privilege'

The latest from my friend, Jack, showing how his 'white privilege' is not exactly a helping him.

By Jack Seney

Just to ascertain to everyone about my "white privilege," to make it clear that just because of my skin tone I have "all the advantages," here's an accounting of my current situation, so that people may know how well everything is going for a "white" like me.
I currently have $16 to my name. I am jobless. Money from friends I have helped in the past might be on the way. Or it might not, ask the Postal Service. I am trying to get a simple job in my field of security but this is being complicated by a bureaucracy which is taking forever to get me the new ID I need to get hired in "the age of Covid." There is a company willing to hire me but I now need paperwork that it remains to be seen if I can obtain. My application for food stamps is sitting somewhere in some government limbo. Simply because of my skin color I will be thought an "undercover" and will not be hired for the off-the-books work that Mexicans and others easily get with the grinning support of the U.S. Chambers of Commerce.
So, how exactly is my "white privilege" supposed to help me in this situation? If anything, my "whiteness" is a drawback. Would anyone who thinks I am "white- privileged" care to tell me how to "use that to my advantage" to get the food stamp bureaucrats to give me temporary help, or to get the job I'm seeking so I can work, or to get my money order from a friend via a U.S. Postal Service which has apparently decided that it is no biggie if it doesn't do its job? Do tell me, as you sit on your butts casually commenting on the passing American "racial" scene, how I might use my "whiteness" to help myself in a situation that would surely call for it? That is, if such a privilege actually existed.
The poorest people in America remain not blacks or browns or yellows but poor whites, including those of the Appalachia region (Wikipedia: about half of those living in poverty are non-Hispanic white. Non-Hispanic white children are 57% of all poor rural children). Martin Luther King knew this and visited such people in the late 1960s just before his assassination.
Why is this not common knowledge? Because the big business-owned main media do not want to alter the white-vs.-black racial narrative that is being played out by the rich American elite, in order to distract workers of all colors from uniting for our right to make a decent living, as the traditionalist Pope Leo XIII demanded for us, not some communist.
Not only me but millions of other "whites" find ourselves in poverty just like people of any other skin color, while people of every skin color also sit at the "top" of society and look down their noses at all of us. There is exactly no evidence of a "white privilege" in America and I myself am living proof of this.
However there is not only evidence but simple reality to testify that America IS divided by economic class, and that racial narratives are spun by the government and the media to distract people from their economic, not racial problems. What real racial incidents do occur are occurring because of this manufactured narrative.
I have survived hard times before and with God's help will survive now. My concern is for the many like me who cannot, for they are not being helped by a system that leads them astray with racial baloney when the real issue is the ancient one of poverty, and those who allow it to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.