03 July 2018

Lemon Juice

I have often wondered why lemon juice is always 'from concentrate' when purchased in the store. I thought maybe there was something about it that prevented packaging and shipping actual lemon juice.

I still don't know why the vast majority of packaged lemon juice is from concentrate, but I now know that there is no reason it can't be real lemon juice and not reconstituted. Whilst we were on holiday, I wanted lemon juice to 'tart up' my water. The only brand the local grocery had was 'Italia' lemon juice imported from Italy. I bought two 125 ml bottles at $1.50 a bottle. After getting back to the cabin, I looked at them carefully. Prominently displayed on the squeeze bottle were the words, 'Not From Concentrate'.

However, I shan't be buying it again anytime soon. Our local grocery doesn't carry it, but it's available on Amazon for $6.25/125 ml bottle, plus shipping! A bit out of range of my pocketbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.