05 August 2018

The Reason 'Off the Menu' is Ending

I mentioned in my comments on my Chevalier Charles Coulombe video that 'Off the Menu', the series from which my short videos are taken, was ending. I was going to message him to find out what was going on, but he forestalled me by posting the following on Facebook;
Well, here is my announcement. I have been accepted for the Master's in Theology progamme at the International Theological Institute in Trumau, Austria, commencing on August 29, though I shall leave Los Angeles on August 22. I shall be home for Summers, etc., but presuming I manage to complete the course, my work shall thereafter be not merely dull, but authoritative! Seriously, there are many persons, places, and things I shall miss (and you know who you are). But as things have come together in a manner I must consider Providential, 40 years after leaving home to begin college at New Mexico Institute, I go back to school.At the same time, I have just signed a contract to write a life of Bl. Emperor Charles by May of 2019, and in September become a regular columnist for the nascent American edition of the Catholic Herald. The fact that my date of departure (not chosen by me) is also the traditional feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary to me underlines the Divine nature of this next adventure in my life. My phone, Facebook, and gmail shall all remain the same, and I solicit your prayers for this next chapter pf my life - I'll need them!
I'm sure all my readers will join me in prayers for his success in this new adventure. I told him we will miss him on YouTube, but knowing that he will still be writing will ease the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.