03 July 2018

Tricoteuse of the New catholic Red Guard: @MichaelSWinters (aka Madame Defarge)

The only problem for Mr Winters is that when the revolution comes, it will be our side with all the guns. I don't think we need to worry about him and his fellow revolutionaries killing anyone, by guillotine or other means.

From Fr Z's Blog


Occasionally libs slip and reveal more of what they really think than they usually intend.  Remember, scratch a lib and find, beneath, a well of venom.
Over at the National Schismatic Reporter, usual suspect Michael Sean Winters has let the cover slip from the cauda.
Here is a bit of thinking which fully justifies a new nickname as a member of the New catholic Red Guards.  Remember who they were?  The Red Guards?   After Mao sparked the youth in the Cultural Revolution, they rampaged through the byways, targeting political enemies for public humiliation and execution.
Or maybe a better image is the Terror of the French Revolution.
Some of you young’uns might not know who the Tricoteues were.
As the French Revolution descended into the Reign of Terror, the women of the streets and markets who had been active were sidelined from politics.   In sullen protest, they parked themselves near the guillotine and did their knitting.  Thus, Tricoteues … knitter women.   In literature, you might remember the ghastly figure of Madame Defarge in Charles Dickens’ A Tale Of Two Cities.
In his melt-down about recent Supreme Court decisions, MSW concluded:
I had been prepared for the Janus decision to go the way it did. I was, therefore, surprised by how angry I got when the decision was released and how my anger did not dissipate. I left my computer to go work in the garden, something that almost always restores equanimity, but not this time. The Supreme Court had a chance to defend the decency of the nation and it failed to do so.
Normally, when I get into a debate with a conservative friend and we are at an impasse, with no hope for resolution, I try to ease the tension with levity, and say, “Well, when the revolution comes, I will put in a good word for you and your family.” To my friends in the Republican political and legal establishment who have not stood up to Trump: When the revolution comes, you are on your own, and I will be clamoring not for mercy but for a seat next to the guillotine, where I can do my knitting.
In a more jocular mood, I prefer the less horrifying image of MSW as the Wile E. Coyote of the catholic web.
Now he is Madame Defarge, Tricoteuse of the catholic Left.   He has risen from his fainting couch and moved to the guillotine with his needles.
His is a particularly venomous mind but this vision of the future is what the Left really wants.
Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.