17 June 2018

Great News From the Trip-I'm Going to Be a Great Grandfather!

Despite my regular sleeping schedule being from about 03.30 to 11.30, I'm trying to 'readjust' so I can spend more time with the family. I got up at 08.30 this morning.

Our oldest daughter and two of her children (minus our oldest grandson) arrived at about 23.30 last night. I had forgotten that today was Father's Day, so when I came out of the bedroom, I was greeted with 'Happy Father's Day' and a bit of news.

I was immediately informed that I'm am going to be a great grandfather! I have been joking for the last year or two that it was going to happen, and that I didn't feel old enough to be a great grandfather.

I am reminded of 23 years ago this October when we had a family conversation about grandchildren. I told Jenny not to be in a hurry, because I wasn't ready yet. She assured me that it would be several years, so I didn't need to worry. A few days later, she called me to inform me that I was going to be a grandfather in May!

At any rate, we're having a great time. Jenny and Amber are headed back to California in the morning, but our grandson is spending the week, and flying back to California at the end of our stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.