04 May 2018

Chevalier Charles Coulombe on 'Is Charles a Novus Ordo Hater?'

I agree with the Chevalier. I do not hate the Novus Ordo. I do hate the pedestrian translation, the abuses, the slipshod manner in which it is often celebrated, the 'female altar boys' and the blue haired, little old ladies distributing Holy Communion, and the treacly music in most Parishes, but I don't hate the Novus Ordo, per se.

One thing that he does not go into detail about is the fact, at least in my not so humble opinion, that the NO Mass lacks the catechetical content of the Old Rite. My Name Saint, John Chrysostomos, was once asked how to teach someone the Faith. He said to take them to Liturgy for a year. That is still true in the East, and it was true in the West, but in the West today, if there is little catechetical content in the 'homily' (which is often the case), a person could go to Mass for years and know little more than when he started.

All of that said, as I have pointed out before, I live in the Diocese of Lincoln. The only one of the things I listed above that I have to endure is the translation. I am blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.