04 August 2018

The Sad Pass We Have Come To

I just read one of what I call a 'Francis fanboy post' on FishEaters' Forum, and it got me thinking what a difference five years has made for Trads, and orthodox Catholics in general.

Just a few years ago, I was 'censured' on FishEaters for referring to John Paul II as 'John Paul the Small' in reaction to all the 'John Paul the Great' bollocks I was seeing on the Catholic net. 

Now, we are faced with a Pope who makes John Paul seem like he was rigidly orthodox. We are faced with a Pope who condones Holy Communion for adulterers, has implicitly approved of heretics receiving Holy Communion, who says that fornication may bring the same graces as sacramental marriage, that has set up a commision to 're-examine' Humanae vitae, has essentially said that if you don't buy the 'man made global warming' fraud you're not Catholic, and that whatever he says is part of the Magisterium. And, he has now, flatly stated, and has inserted in the Catechism, an opinion that denies Scripture, the Fathers, the Magisterium, and every Pope that has written on the subject of capital punishment. It has become glaringly obvious that he is, at least, a material heretic.

A few months ago, on another, non-Catholic forum I posted my apologies to the shade of John Paul for saying that he would go down as the worst Pope in history. He has been far outstripped for the opprobrium of that title by the current Pontiff. And, yes, Francis is Pope as much as it pains me to say it. Sedevacantism is a dead end, and I refuse to go there.

My fervent prayer is that God will send us, soon, a Catholic Pope to start repairing the carnage wrought.

How long, O Lord, how long?! Lord, save Thy Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.