This post is an update to The Adventure of the Bread Machine. After that, edible, disaster, I ended up with one that was even worse. It was the same recipe, which I read very carefully. It was still technically edible, but it ended up in stuffing. I couldn't figure out the problem!
We thought perhaps we had messed up the programmable controls without realising it, and that that was the problem. No, as it turned out. After my second disaster, my Other Half turned out yet another beautiful, delicious loaf.
However, she pointed out that the rye flour I was using was quite old and that might be the problem. I'm not sure I understand how old flour would ruin a recipe, but to be sure she made biscuits for the Household Canine with the remainder. He likes them!
So, today, I tried for the third time. I decided to use the recipe for wholemeal wheat bread that she had been using. I read the recipe carefully, measured the ingredients equally carefully, and put them in the bread machine,
The verdict is in! The bread machine does not hate me!
Post a Comment
Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.