12 December 2018

Holy Face of Manoppello, Sankt Gallen, “Designer Babies”

Fr Zed with a couple of interesting links.

From Fr Z's Blog


At LifeSite there is an engaging article/interview with an expert, Paul Badde, who has written about the image of the Holy Face kept at Manoppello, Italy.  They touch on the role this image might have played in the thwarting of the infamous “Sankt Gallen” mafia that tried in vain to engineer the papal conclave of 2005.
Speaking of Sankt Gallen, you might check Taylor Marshall, who interviewed McCarrick’s victim.  HERE
In the piece on the image at Manoppello, I found this is of special interest:
LifeSiteNews:What do you hope the fruit of the further knowledge among Catholics about this Holy Face would be?
Paul Badde: What do I hope the fruit would be? That we will be better prepared to see Him again. Here I have got to tell you a last little story. I’ve been befriended for many years until his death in 2002 with Zvi Kolitz, an old Lithuanian Jew from New York, who cherished very highly the wisdom of Rabbi Loew, who lived in Prague in the 16th century.
And he was fascinated that this famous Rabbi said, time and again, that the Messiah would finally appear in that hour of history when men would try to stretch their hands towards the biblical “tree of life.”
And today, I read in the news that in China, the first “designer babies” have been made. I wouldn’t say in that context, though, that the miraculous reappearance of the Holy Veil is part of the Second Coming of the Lord already.
In Manoppello, however, you can already look into his eyes, the eyes of the God of Jacob.
In finem citius… right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Leo XIV as the Vicar of Christ, the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.