27 December 2018

Doreen L. Spiller 27 December 1923-27 November 2001

Today would have been my Mother's 95th birthday. She was born in 1923 in Horndean, Hants, near Portsmouth in the south of England.

Mum, as a young woman, my sister, Marlene, and I
She married my Dad, Perry Weismiller in Horndean on 7 July 1945. I came along almost exactly two years later in 1947.

She had my sister, Marlene on 31 July 1952, and ten days later on 10 August, Dad died. Her parents lived with us so she could work, until she remarried on 1 January 1957. She married Marion Spiller, a farmer, so I spent my formative years on the farm.
My sister, Carol was born on 15 April 1960. My 'second Dad' died on 3 October 1995. Mum moved to an assisted living home where she met another English war bride. They had tea together often and chatted about the Motherland. On 27 November 2001, she had played cards with friends in the home, took her dog for a walk, went to bed, and died peacefully in her sleep.

She is gone but never forgotten. Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her. May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Memory Eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.