03 January 2019

One Day an Atheist Walked Into a Church:

Marie-Alphonse Ratisbonne was born simply Alphonse Ratisbonne in a Jewish family in Strasbourg. After his conversion, he became a Jesuit and a missionary.

From Rorate Caeli



" I had been but a few moments in the church when I was suddenly seized with an unutterable agitation of mind. I raised my eyes, the building had disappeared from before me ; one single chapel had, so to speak, gathered and concentrated all the light ; and in the midst of this radiance I saw standing on the altar lofty, clothed with splendours, full of majesty and of sweetness, the Virgin Mary, just as she is represented on my medal. An irresistible force drew me towards her; the Virgin made me a sign with her hand that I should kneel down ; and then she seemed to say, That will do! She spoke not a word, but I understood all."
Marie-Alphonse Ratisbonne

Read the full story of his miraculous conversion here:
The conversion of Marie-Alphonse Ratisbonne

Moral: this is but one example of the countless miracles that can happen when you hang around Catholic Churches. So dear atheists and hypocrites be on your guard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.