17 December 2018

Another Milestone (Take That Facebook!)

Not long before 24.00 CST 'Musings' topped 300,000 page views, despite my Facebook account being on a 30 day ban for stating the bald truth, and because of that, having to have a friend share my posts on FB. Since he didn't belong to all the groups I do, that limited page views right there.

Then, of course, FB decided that anything from 'Musings' was against their 'community standards' so even Mr Mudarmlinar could not help me. Finally, after 12 days, they relented and restored all the posts they had been blocking.

During that time, as I posted, I started to share 'Musings' on Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+. According to my analytics, no one is reading Tumblr, so I've stopped sharing there. Very few people have been reading it on Google+, either, but it's dead easy to share there, so I'll keep doing it until the platform is discontinued in April of next year.

The vast majority of my traffic comes from four sources. 1) people who follow the blog directly on the 'net, 2) Facebook (at least when the posts are able to be shared there) on my personal page, the 'Musings' group page, and groups in which my posts are shared, 3) Twitter, and 4) from my friend Vox Cantoris's blog. I get a few views from FishEater's Forum, where the link to 'Musings' is in my signature, and there are the odd visitors via search engines, Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, and others.

However you view the blog, thank you! All my readers' health and salvation, as well as their personal intentions are in my daily prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.