01 July 2022

Tomorrow is a First Saturday!


  

Look, my daughter, at my Heart encircled by these thorns with which men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You, at least, strive to console me, and so I announce: I promise to assist at the hour of death with the grace necessary for salvation all those who, with the intention of making reparation to me, will, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to confession, receive Holy Communion, say five decades of the beads, and keep me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary. - Our Lady of Fatima

The First Saturdays help to console the sorrows of God and the Virgin Mary for the sins against her Immaculate Heart.

The Act of Reparation

  • Sacramental confession

The confession can take place within eight days before or after the First Saturday of the month.

  • Reception of Holy Communion
The Holy Communion may be received within the 24 hours of the first Saturday of the Month. If a person has a valid reason not to attend Mass (Masses not available on Saturdays, difficult mobilization, or another major event), the devotee may consult a priest about receiving Communion on the following Sunday.

  • Five Decades of the Rosary are to be recited
  • Keep Our Lady company whilst meditating for 15 minutes on the mysteries of the Holy Rosary as an act separate from the recitation of the Rosary. (see quotation above)

Each of the four practices must be offered in reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

1 comment:

  1. Jovan! Find my email at Stephens Real Estate in Lawrence. Email me with contact info for you. Hope you are well. Erin

    ReplyDelete

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.