16 January 2019

After-Birth Abortion: Why Should the Baby Live?

Below is the abstract and a link to the article whose title adorns this post.

This is nothing new. Years ago, when I was in university and before I became a Catholic, I made pocket money writing papers for people. A friend of mine was a pre-mortuary science student. For reasons I've never been able to fathom, he was required to take a medical ethics course. He hired me to write the required final paper for the course.

The assignment was simple. Find an essay, in a journal from the list provided, that was either pro or anti abortion and write a rebuttal. Whilst I was not yet a Catholic, I did have a sane, adult view of morality, so I decided it would be easier to rebut a 'pro' article, since I had known all my thinking life that abortion is simply the murder of an unborn child.

I found an article in one of the journals by a 'moral philosopher' named Peter Singer. In it, he argued that not only is abortion morally acceptable, but that infanticide up until the child is two or three is also moral, because they lack "rationality, autonomy, and self-consciousness".

I became so angry that it was three days before I could write the paper. I have no idea what the class instructor's views were, but my friend got an 'A'.

Be it noted that in the service of his Master, Satan, Singer is an animal rights fanatic and a proponent of veganism. He has also had the dishonesty to say, "my views are not threatening to anyone, even minimally", unless of course, you are an unborn child or an infant. Then murdering you is completely moral, according to this waste of oxygen.

He is not the author of the following article, but he laid the groundwork for these purveyors of cold blooded murder long ago.

From the Journal of Medical Ethics

Abstract

Abortion is largely accepted even for reasons that do not have anything to do with the fetus' health. By showing that (1) both fetuses and newborns do not have the same moral status as actual persons, (2) the fact that both are potential persons is morally irrelevant and (3) adoption is not always in the best interest of actual people, the authors argue that what we call ‘after-birth abortion’ (killing a newborn) should be permissible in all the cases where abortion is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.