19 December 2017

My Oath to the Queen

I took this Oath on 19 October 2007. 

The Official Canadian Portrait of
Her Majesty Elizabeth II, Queen of
Canada

I had actually sworn Allegiance to her earlier, when I joined the Royal Canadian Legion, but it was not in the Stautory form. The Oaths of Allegiance Act says;
2 (1) Every person who, either of his own accord or in compliance with any lawful requirement made of the person, or in obedience to the directions of any Act or law in force in Canada, except the Constitution Act, 1867 and the Citizenship Act, desires to take an oath of allegiance shall have administered and take the oath in the following form, and no other:
I, Jovan Weismiller, do solemnly swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors according to law, forever. So help me God.

So, after realising that the RCL Oath did not meet the Statutory requirements, I went to my MLA who was a Commissioner of Oaths, and swore it in the proper, Statutory form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.