18 November 2018

Anger and Frustration

I have been handed a 30 day ban on Facebook. My crime? Using an 'unPC' word in a completely truthful post, three years ago. Don't get me wrong. Facebook is a private corporation. They have every right to censor material on their platform, just as I have the right to censor comments on this blog.

I accept the fact that when I signed up for Facebook, lo, those many years ago, I accepted their 'Terms of Service', and agreed to abide by their rules. That doesn't bother me. What does bother me is changing said terms and rules or radically changing how they are interpreted, retroactively.

As I've mentioned before, this is not the first time I've been banned for post made several years ago. Whether or not the terms or their enforcement has been changed, the obvious fact is that the posts for which I've been repeatedly banned, were quite acceptable to the Facebook censors when they were made! Now, suddenly, three, four, five years or more later, they're no longer acceptable and the ban hammer falls.

The other thing is that those posts are buried so deeply on my timeline that it must be a major job to find them! If I have averaged 15 posts a day (which is probably on the low end) the post I was banned for last night is over 16,000 posts down on my timeline! . I don't know if Facebook is systematically searching ancient posts to find reason to ban people who hold 'unpopular' opinions like Catholicism, Integralism, etc., or whether some left-wing SJW with too much time on his hands is systematically 'mining' my posts to find things to report, but the effect is the same.

At any rate, there are several administrators on the 'Musings' Facebook group. A 'friend' is sharing posts to my account, and we're gradually gaining access to the Traditionalist, Monarchist, Distributist, and Integralist groups I share posts on.

Also, I've just found out that my 'friend' has been handed a three day ban from posting on any group. This means that 'Musings' can only be shared to my account. I can only assume anti-Catholic prejudice on the part of Facebook, since the groups in which he was trying to share them are groups that I have been sharing to for months.

If anyone who sees this would like to help, feel free to click the Facebook icon at the bottom of any post to share it, on your own page, in groups you belong to that might appreciate it, or on pages you manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.