03 March 2020

Why I Won't Be Eating at Subway Again

Last Friday, I thought I'd take the C&SH out for supper. Because of her vegetarianism our choices are basically limited to Casey's Pizza and Subway. We often have Casey's or homemade pizza, so I thought a sub sandwich would be a nice change.

Our experience is summed up in the email I sent Subway Corporate later that evening:
After being ignored  when we entered, we stood for several minutes whilst online orders were worked on, and the two employees chatted with what seemed to be an off duty co-worker seated in the restaurant. The young man working, who appeared to have absolutely no idea what he was doing, was wiping his nose on the back of his hand (coronavirus worries, anyone?). He asked my wife for her order, only to be told by the young lady that there was another online order. When he got back to us, he asked me what I wanted, ignoring my wife, whose order he had already asked for. The young lady started stocking in the middle of the orders. After finally having our orders taken, I went to pay. I had two of the current coupons for a foot long for $5.99. We ordered two foot longs. I had double checked before ordering that each coupon said 'One coupon per qualifying item'. I was informed that I could only use one coupon. I pointed out the wording on the coupon. I was again told that I could only use one coupon. At that point, I turned to my wife and said 'Come on, let's go'. Had we not already been frustrated at the lack of customer service and the obvious problems with the young man's health issues, I might well have used the deceptive two foot longs for $12.99 coupon, or paid the difference, but the combination of all the problems, lack of customer service, incompetence, health risks, etc. has convinced me that we won't be eating at Subway again. In case you've forgotten what the coupon said, here's a link to it. https://www.couponse.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/S1.jpg
I received an auto-reply confirmation just a few seconds after sending the above, but I was curious what the response would be. 

Today I found out. Here, from a 'Peter Clarke' at <noreply@app.medallia.com> (so there can be no response), is my answer:
In other words, they are so dedicated to customer service that they have an auto generated, boiler plate response designed to thank people for being loyal customers who have just informed them that they will no longer eat at a Subway restaurant! 

Don't you just LOVE corporate America and its 'screw the customer' attitude? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.