02 March 2020

This New Comic About An American Priest Should Be In Every Kid’s Hands

This book is available 'free' to Kindle Unlimited subscribers. Upon reading the review, I immediately 'bought' and read it. I agree with Mr McAfee 100%!

From epicPew

By Shaun McAfee

One of my favorite modern Catholic writers and media gurus is Philip Kosloski. Seemingly a virtuoso of the written media arts, he’s involved in everything from spiritual textbooks and books on historical events, to comic books. His collection is fast growing and firmly successful, and I am raving about his latest comic book The Tale of Patrick Peyton.


The name might have the familiar ring of a fictional character, but the story told in the pages of Kosloski’s latest work is based on true events.
“Born to a humble family in Ireland, the energetic young boy would embark on an adventure beyond his wildest dreams. His journey would take him to the United States where he would find his true calling as a priest of the Congregation of Holy Cross and promoter of family prayer.” The comic shares the major moments of the future saint’s life as man on a mission from God and the Blessed Virgin Mary to convince public figures and the American people that “the family who prays together, stays together.”


The story tells of the young boy’s dream of becoming a priest, and his struggle to stay true to that hope.




Growing older, Patrick grows fond of the idea of becoming rich and famous as he is invited to move to America, a land of opportunity. But after much thought, his father has him make one promise.


The story is gripping—but I can’t spoil all of it for you, which is why I would like to invite you to buy a copy of the comic yourself. You can get a copy of The Tale of Patrick Peyton from Voyage Comics or from Amazon. I loved reading this little comic and every time Philip Kosloski comes out with something new, I rush to be among the first to read it with my kids.
I don’t have a clever rhyme for this, but just as the family that prays together, stays together, the family that reads together, thinks together. I want my kids to think like good Catholics; I think Kosloski’s comics from Voyage do the job well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.