10 November 2018

Why I #Converted to the #Catholic #Church - Part 1

Today begins our new series of 'Videos at 15.00'. If and when, the Chevalier does another livestream, I will post it.

But, in the meantime, meet Brian Holdsworth. I've already shared one of his videos, Attending My First Latin Mass, which, if you haven't watched, I highly recommend. It will be posted again, in the series.

 Mr Holdsworth is a young convert, a husband and father. I'm going to begin the series with the videos he did on his conversion story, and then post them in order. N.B., I don't necessarily agree with all of Mr Holdsworth's positions on philosophy, and ecclesiastical politics, but I think he makes excellent Catholic videos.

His introduction to the video,
I've been asked to share my catholic conversion story a few times so here it is. This will be multi part (hopefully only 2). To understand what led to my conversion to the Catholic Church, you have to understand a bit about my view of society growing up and what shaped that view. It was marked by cynicism until I met someone that invaded that perspective with grace, kindness, and peace. That led to an encounter with God and a conversion to Christianity.
Many of the ideas in my videos are concepts that are covered in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Even if you're not a Catholic, I really strongly recommend you take an opportunity at some point in your life to read it. It's an incredible document that was developed under the supervision of one of the most profound philosophers of the 20th century; John Paul II.
I'm also heavily influenced by the writings of C.S. Lewis. In fact, that's an understatement. He's by far my greatest influence and if you haven't already been exposed to his writing, I strongly encourage you to check it out. Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity are a great place to start.
Please comment with your ideas about the video and if you find it interesting, please share it and subscribe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.