21 October 2018

Word of the Day: Porter

PORTER. Formerly one of the minor orders, the lowest in rank. Also called "door-keeper," it was a symbolic office that in the early Church had a functional purpose. The order was abolished by Pope Paul VI in 1972, but the office may be conferred as a special ministry, with the permission of the Holy See, if an episcopal conference decides that it would be useful or necessary for their own territory.
+++++
Another fruit of Paul VI playing with the Rites of Ordination. Whilst I believe the new Rites are valid, I wish he had left them alone, just as I wish he had obeyed the Council on all of the Liturgy.

I had not realised that it can still be conferred as a special ministry. Unfortunately, since the episcopal conference of China is now loyal to the ChiCom slavemasters, thanks to Francis's betrayal, I see little hope of them conferring it to guard the doors against the secret police when they come to arrest Faithful Catholics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.