16 October 2018

Advice For A Dying Faithful

A touching post from Mundabor. I ask my readers to add their prayers to his, his readers, and my own.

From Mundabor's Blog

After my last post, a reader who would like to remain anonymous informed me of her stage IV incurable cancer. She is aware that this is a great grace, as I (and many of our ancestors) have maintained for very long.
The reader asks for my advice. I posted below my first thoughts, then cancelled as I became aware that the reader, in a following comment, asked to remain anonymous.
Hi ,
sad to hear, but really: a great grace.I do not have to give you any different advice than any good priest would, I think, give you.
Spend as much time as you can in prayer. Take absolute care that you go to confession often and have provided for the Last Rites (God Forbid, relatives think to keep him away from you in order to let you believe things are not so advanced!). Put every suffering at the head of the Cross. But what I would like to do, is to pray as much as I can before and after caring that I am not in mortal sin. Rosary, litanies, other traditional devotions, I think everything will do, but the Rosary first. Today’s rosary is for you.
What, I think, you can *also* do is to arrange for a Gregorian Mass to be celebrated, for you after your death. Contact a good priest, or write to the SSPX. You can also have a Gregorian Mass said from Aid to the Church in Need. I believe you can do it yourself, otherwise ask a person of your trust to do it for you (you leave him the money of course).

Again: sad to hear, but a great grace. I wish some of the people I loved most had been given the same privilege. I for myself would consider myself lucky and would see in it a great sign of predestination.
I ask my reader to say their rosary for this faithful Catholic today (name not necessary) and to add whatever other idea they would have (I am assuming the earthly ones, like a will, have long been taken care of).
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.