20 July 2021

I Had a Bit of a Surprise

I have been blogging on Blogger for almost 16 years. In all that time I have never experienced any sort of censorship. I have written or shared many controversial articles on Islam, on what I see as the collapse of our Græco-Roman Catholic civilisation and culture. I have attacked liberalism and collectivism, both left and right, as well as individualist, laissez-faire 'libertarianism' and the national liberalism of the neo-conservatives. I have been unsparing in my attacks on the false 'two-party system' Tweedledum and Tweedledee of the Demopublicans and Republicrats.

I have attacked so-called 'liberal Catholics' and modernists in the Church. Even in these difficult times, I have regularly posted against the LGBTQXYZ∞ movement and its enablers in the Church and. society. In other words, I have been pretty much even-handed in my attacks. If the individual, group, or movement is not Traditional Catholic, I have probably mounted an attack.

But recently, I had a post 'unpublished' by Blogger. The notice I got said 'This post was unpublished because it violates Blogger Community Guidelines. To republish, please update the content to adhere to guidelines. I was boggled as to what might have been so vicious as to get the ban-hammer from Blogger.

I was even more boggled when I discovered it was a YouTube video from Brian Holdsworth on the Biden/Holy Communion controversy! 

What makes it even more confusing is that YouTube and Blogger are both owned by Alphabet/Google, so what was obviously acceptable on Google-owned YT was in violation of the community standards of another platform owned by the same company.

I had captioned it with a short quote from his description of the video, which I will not repeat, for fear that is what triggered the censorship. Nor will I include the link to the video for the same reason, but I encourage you to go to Mr Holdsworth's YouTube channel and watch the video. The video title will make it clear which one it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.