31 May 2019

Pitronella Fredrika Peterson, R+I+P

Grandma, holding me.
Today is the Feast of St Petronilla. My Grandmother Weismiller was baptised Pitronella Frederika Peterson in 1876. Thus, today was her Name Day. When she emigrated at the age of 11, she took an 'American' name, Nelly, based on the 'nella' of her Christian name.

She often worried that Nelly wasn't her 'legal' name , but she made sure that she'd be buried under it! In 1919, when she finally could afford a grave stone for my Grandfather  (+1916), she had it engraved 'Maximilian Weismiller, 1863-1916. And, below that, Nelly, His Wife , 1876- ----. We laid her there in 1973.

Happy Name Day, Grandma, and Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.