29 October 2017

We Will Remember Them! Lest We Forget

Pictures of my Remembrance Poppies and my 'pin ribbons'. 

The top picture is of my Royal British Legion Poppy on my heavy jacket.

The bottom picture is of my lighter jacket. On top is another Royal British Legion Poppy and below that is a Royal Canadian Legion one. On the left ribbon, at the top of the ribbon are my membership pins in the Royal British Legion at the top of the triangle, below it to the left is a membership pin in the Royal British Legion (Scotland), and to its right the pin of a member of the Royal Canadian Legion. Below that is an enameled Poppy pin from the Royal British Legion. At the bottom is my membership pin from the Sons of the American Legion, and yes, I belong to all three!

On the right ribbon, at the top is a commemorative pin from the Royal British Legion of a Cross backed by Poppies, with the dates 1914-2014, for the centennial of the Great War. Below that, to the left, is an enameled American Legion Poppy pin. Next to it is a commemorative pin of an RBL Poppy bearing the dates 1914-2014. Immediately below those is a 'We Support Our Troops' pin from the Royal Canadian Legion. Below is another centennial Poppy pin bearing the dates 1916-2016. I wear the 1915-2015 pin on my cap, and I haven't yet gotten the 1917-2017 edition. And, finally at the bottom is a commemorative pin honouring the 70th anniversary of D-Day.

I wear these whenever the weather is cool enough to wear the light jacket. The actual Remembrance Poppies on both jackets will be retired on the evening of Remembrance Sunday, which this year, is the day after Remembrance Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.