25 October 2017

How Do People Become Monarchists?

A wonderful video from my good friend Charles Coulombe. My journey was quite a bit different. As I often joke, I was nine or ten years old before I figured out that HM Queen Elizabeth II did not rule the United States.!😄

It was natural. tho'. I also often say, quite seriously, that I drank in Monarchism with my Mother's milk. My Mother and her mother both were Hampshire women. My Gran had been kissed, as an infant, by HM Queen Victoria. My Grandfather had served HM King George V in the 1914-18 War. My first memory, outside our family, was on 6 February 1952 when we heard that HM King George VI was dead and that The Princess Elizabeth was now Queen.

On the other side of the family, my Grandmother Weismiller was born in Sweden during the reign of HM King Oscar II. She had two brothers, one named Oscar for the King reigning at his birth, and one named Gustav for the Crown Prince, later HM King Gustav V.

So, with the exception of a short period when I was in my early 20s and flirted with various forms of Leftism, there has never been a point in my life where I have not been a Monarchist. The only change is that from a visceral belief, I've come to hold a set of beliefs which I can defend intellectually.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.