15 August 2022

I Learned a New Woke Word

I subscribe to BBC History on Kindle Unlimited. I enjoy the magazine, but like all the output of the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation (a/k/a the British Bashing Corporation), it is extremely 'woke', full of articles about how history needs to be 'updated' or rewritten to include women, minorities, and LGBTQXYZ+∞ people.

In one such article that I was reading last night, I learned a new 'woke' word. Well, it's actually an acronym. It is WEIRD=Western, Educated, Industrialized, Rich, Democratic. 

Unfortunately for me, however, whilst I am definitely Western and educated and since I live in an industrialised country I suppose I count as industrialised, I am definitely NOT rich and nor do I believe in the tool of Satan known as democracy. 

This leaves only WEI. So, it seems that I'm actually either WEi, a boy band from South Korea or, possibly, Wei Wei, a ChiCom writer who was known for themes of patriotismcommunism, and nationalism. I think I'd prefer the boy band!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.