17 July 2021

Traditionis Custody Dispute

OMM has some good advice. She links to a site I will not normally quote, but these are difficult times and require unity above all else.

From One Mad Mom

Well, that was depressing. We knew it was coming but still… I’m not a “trad” in the sense that I attend that form of the Mass exclusively, but I feel for those who do. I’m still trying to enjoy the outdoor summer activities, so this won’t be terribly long.

My take on the Motu Proprio is that the liberal, draconian bishops have gotten their wish to do away with the Extraordinary Form. I can just see them rubbing their hands together and salivating with a maniacal laugh. The priests in those dioceses would be wise to also incorporate Latin into the Ordinary Form for many reasons. First, there are no restrictions on it, but it also helps educate people that Latin is the language of the Church, the devil hates it, and it keeps people primed for a happy reunification when the Extraordinary Form is once again allowed. In fact, I’ve always been of the mind that every parish that has the Ordinary Form in English and the Extraordinary Form in Latin should also have and Ordinary Form in Latin, AKA the Mass Vatican II actually called for, since it makes Latin less scary because people are not totally lost. It’s the perfect bridge and makes for more continuity.

It is also my understanding that, where the bishop has no abject fear of the Extraordinary Form (probably because they don’t dissent from Catholic teaching), it will carry on and hopefully training for it will, too. It seems as if Pope Francis is hoping for a phase out with the instruction that anybody ordained after this year has to have special permission from the Vatican to say the Extraordinary Form, which would likely never happen unless Cardinals Mueller, Burke, Sarah, etc., are put in charge of that decision. I think it’s safe to say Cardinal Ladaria won’t be generous with that permission.

I thought this was the winning commentary for the day and I’m happy to post it. Before anyone, and inevitably there will be someone, comments on the source rather than the post, pound sand. Y’all tire me sometimes. I post things from various “clans.” Read it. This is not the time for the circular firing squad. The liberals know how to truly unite in evil. We need to unite for good.  https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/get-interrupted 

I think it’s very important to stay and fight. My former pastor of blessed memory did just that and got an indult back in the day from a very liberal bishop. In short, we found ourselves with the Extraordinary Form long before all of you because of his perseverance. And, let’s face it, God’s allowing this to happen for some reason and it’s not so everyone can fling off into schism. My old pastor would have knocked anyone in the head for that notion. In fact, I’m pretty sure I saw him do that once or twice for much less.

I’m praying for all of us who are shedding a tear tonight as the Fr. Martins and Cardinal Cupichs of the world prepare their snide responses and tell everyone they’re so happy that the divisiveness will end. We know where the divisions and derisions lie and, more importantly, so does God. And, don’t forget, you are well, well within your canonical rights to make your concerns known to your local bishop and to the laity at large. As always, be the ant at their liberal picnic.

One last thing, make sure you support the bishops who are supporting us during this time. Quite frankly, some of you have been lacking in this area. We should stand with them or things will get a whole lot worse. Many just came out with statements, and I’m sure we’ll see more, saying it’s status quo which will, inevitably, be spun to “Bishop X just defied Pope Francis!” We all know the spin machine is on the highest setting possible today.

Hey, on the postive side, “Latin Mass” is trending on Twitter. Just wanted to leave you on a hopeful note. Chin up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.