17 April 2020

17 April 1970 - Why Don't I Remember?

Today is the anniversary of the return of the Apollo 13 Mission to earth. When the film 'Apollo 13' came out in 1995, I asked my Cuter and Shorter Half what all the hype was about. She looked at me incredulously. 

The fact is that I have absolutely no memory of the mission and its nearly fatal consequences. In answer to my question, she pointed out that it had been on all the TV and radio news programs (often with live updates), the newspapers and the news magazines.

Granted, it was the 70s, but I've always been a) one to keep up on all the news, and b) a space nerd, so I have absolutely no idea why I don't remember this rather large item of space news.

Well, I guess I'll just keep wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.