15 September 2019

More YouTube Censorship!

Here are two posts from a couple of my favourite YouTube channels. First from The Armchair Historian (I won't bother to link his channel for obvious reasons):
Youtube notified me that my newest video is "not suitable for advertisers" after telling me it was suitable yesterday. I've proceded and taken down all of my videos on my channel for the time being. If they want to shut down my videos, I'll be the one who does it. I'm going to be taking a break from Youtube and halting production on all further videos. After losing over a months worth of income, this is no longer sustainable. I need to look for something else.
And from The History Guy:
The censors at Google have deemed a tribute to firefighters on 9/11 to be "too controversial" to monetize. YouTube and Google have consistently failed to clarify or consistently apply the "Controversial issues and sensitive events" section of the "Advertiser-friendly content guidelines," creating a standard that irrationally punishes channels that cover history. If you think this decision is as egregious as I do, and realize how difficult Google makes it to register a complaint, then please feel free to address a complaint to Mr Sundar Patchi, the CEO of Google, at sundar@google.com. Please keep your comments respectful, but let him know your opinion.
Notice that both these are history channels. The people at TimeGhost History, producers of Between Two Wars and World War Two, amongst others, are fighting the same battle against 'demonetisation' for their historical videos. Other historical channels have been 'blacklisted', demonetising all their videos, such as The Front. Some have been totally 'deplatformed' or simply kicked off YouTube.

Coupled with the movement to refuse to teach 'politically incorrect' history and to destroy monuments to 'politically incorrect' persons and events, or to refuse to celebrate holidays commemorating them, leads me to believe that our Masters have decided that the less we know of our history, the less likely we are to defend our civilisation and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.