30 September 2019

An Amusing Observation

Every once in awhile a post I've made months ago suddenly becomes popular again, and I often wonder why.

For example, over a year ago, I posted The Priest in Cassock is a Living Sermon, which contained this picture:


Over the last 36 hours it has become the most viewed post on the blog. Why? I think I've figured it out.

If you will recall Francis's remarks about 'rigid young priests' and their hats, those hats are called saturnos. The word saturno has been trending on social media as people seek funds to buy priests these head coverings and as priests mention how they would like to have one.

Since 'saturno' is not in the everyday vocabulary of most Catholics, I'm sure many people have searched for the word. If one searches for an image of one, it is quite likely that this post might come up.

Mystery solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.