19 March 2018

An Old Blog-CRC (Catholic, Royal, and Communitarian) Links

Years ago, when I first started blogging, I used a platform at Tripod.com. I started a 'jump page' there, as well as the first incarnation of 'The New Crusade', my old blog, to which there is a link to the Blogspot version in the sidebar.

Unfortunately, I proceeded to forget the password for my account and for some reason was unable to recover or change it. So, when I started using Blogger, I went to the Tripod page and copied the links over to Blogger.

Recently, I discovered that buried deep in my bookmarks page on myhq.com, there was link to the Blogger version. It was called CRC Links. Many of the links are now dead, which is not surprising for a page that is well over a decade old, but there are still a few live ones.

I will be posting some of that old material here, but I've learned a valuable lesson from those early forays into blogging. Do not just post links! Even on still existing sites, the article may have been moved to a new URL, leaving the link I posted as a dead link. As a result, I've taken to copying and pasting the article, with a link to its original site. That way, if the site goes offline, or if the URL for the article is changed, it can still be read here on my new blog.

Oh, and by the way 'CRC' stands for 'Catholic, Royal, and Communitarian' the motto, if you will, of the '150 Points of the Phalange, Catholic, Royal, and Communitarian', by l'Abbe Georges de Nantes, founder of the 'Catholic Counter-Reformation in the 20th (now 21st) Century'. L'Abbe was one of the influences on my political and economic beliefs. You can read the 150 Points here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.