05 October 2021

Vigano: A Jesuit on the Throne of Peter "In Violation of the Rule Established by St. Ignatius of Loyola" – Addendum

I recently posted Francis Violated His Vow as a Jesuit by Becoming Pope. I seem to be not the only one thinking about this.

From Roma Locuta Est

By Steven O'Reilly

A couple weeks back I observed that Archbishop Vigano had commented on Pope Francis, referring to him as a Jesuit on the Throne of Peter “in violation of the rule established by St. Ignatius of Loyola.” (see Vigano: A Jesuit on the Throne of Peter “in violation of the rule established by St. Ignatius of Loyola”).

The article above linked to an earlier article I had written on the question of Jesuit vows as they relate to papal elections. The topic was first brought to my attention from within the Jesuit order. My detailed analysis of the question may be found here: Curiouser and Curiouser: Who Dispensed Jorge Bergoglio SJ from his vows?

On October 1, Return to Tradition also took a look at Vigano’s statement. That commentary, which may be of interest to those interested in the subject, can be found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.