15 April 2020

To All Those SSPX Haters out There …

Whilst I'm sure the SSPX doesn't want me as a cantor (I can't sing!), I agree 100% with my friend, Vox.

From Vox Cantoris

Full Disclosure. I do not attend the SSPX chapel of the CATHOLIC Church in Toronto. I do not chant there. I have and was happy to do so at various times. If I had no work in diocesan Latin Masses leading and developing a schola and choir or as a cantor, there is no doubt that my wife and I would. It's about ten minutes from our home. That being said, I will help them in any way that I can.

The continued vitriol towards them on line, (I won't mention the names here) is simply demonic. I simply refuse to argue with anyone anymore about status and "irregular" communion or, "schism." It's all ridiculous. Given everything we face in the Church from the worship of pagan idols to the "rehabilitation" of Judas Iscariot, the sell-out of the Catholic faithful in communist China and everything else, this is what some have chosen to fight about - and very publicly.

So, if this offends you, that I defend the priests and religious of the Society and their work and I have argued often that without Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre and the Society, there would be no Latin Mass, then so be it. You can move along.

In the spirit of this, I suggest to you this, by Joseph, no doubt equally frustrated with the shameful public fight.

1 comment:

  1. I sooo agree with you. If you don't like the SSPX, DON'T attend their Masses. Or go to an Novus Ordo Mass. Leave us alone.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.