LESSON SEVENTEENTH ON INDULGENCES
231. Q. What is an Indulgence? A. An Indulgence is the remission in whole or in part of the temporal punishment due to sin.
233. Q. How many kinds of Indulgences are there? A. There are two kinds of Indulgences—Plenary and Partial.
234. Q. What is a Plenary Indulgence? A. A Plenary Indulgence is the full remission of the temporal punishment due to sin.
235. Q. What is a Partial Indulgence? A. A Partial Indulgence is the remission of a part of the temporal punishment due to sin.
237. Q. What must we do to gain an Indulgence? A. To gain an Indulgence we must be in the state of grace and perform the works enjoined.
Next - Baltimore Catechism #1 - LESSON EIGHTEENTH ON THE HOLY EUCHARIST
Please note that there are gaps in the numbering, and some questions are out of order, because the questions are numbered to agree with the 'Explanation of the Baltimore Catechism' (Baltimore Catechism #4)