11 November 2018

Why I #Converted to the #Catholic #Church - Part 2: Choosing between Protestantism and Catholicism

The second part of Brian Holdsworth's conversion story.

His introduction to the video:

This is part 2 of my #conversion to #Catholicism story. If you haven't seen part one, check it out here: Once I had encountered God in such a meaningful way, I began searching for a faith community to help me understand the Christian faith. I quickly became confused by the myriad of denominations and decided I needed to understand why there were so many. I began to study about Church history and Martin Luther's reformation. I compared the claims of the reformers and the Catholic Church and did my best to read the Bible from an objective point of view. What I found surprised me as the Catholic claims seemed to hold up to scrutiny while the premises for Protestant conclusions struggled to hold together.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.