20 March 2018

My Newest Loaf of Bread

We ran out of bread on Sunday. Since I was not going to be eating supper at home last night it wasn't a problem. Then, today, my Cuter and Shorter Half asked if I was planning on making another loaf. When I said I was, she suggested a cold supper of bread, cheese, pickles, etc. Sounded good to me, so here's my contribution.



It's a 100% whole wheat loaf, sweetened with honey. The last time I made this recipe, I sweetened it with Brer Rabbit Full Flavour Molasses, which is almost as dark as full black-strap molasses, so it was a bit darker than this one.

I highly recommend a bread machine. I've talked to several people who say they have one but never use it. I don't understand! Fresh baked, healthy bread with no preservatives that tastes 100% better than store bought. And, if you don't have one, check the thrift stores. They usually about $5.00.

Oh, and it takes about 10 minutes. You assemble the ingredients, put them into the machine, push a button, and voila! in about three hours you've got a fresh baked loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.