20 May 2022

Archdiocese of San Francisco's Website Hacked?

After posting about Abp Cordileone barring Pelosi from Holy Communion, I decided to look at His Grace's letter after I saw a tweet containing a link to it. I clicked on the link. I'm using a Linux/Ubuntu machine right now. I got a '403 Forbidden' message when I tried to access it. So I tried entering just sfarchdiocese.org. Same message. I first figured it was a glitch in my system, so I tried to access it on my Android phone using Chrome. Got the same message. I'm assuming the site has been taken down by pro-aborts.

A friend pointed out that 403 is a permission error, either the archdiocese has that link configured incorrectly or it got hacked. That error comes from the site server.

I doubt the archdiocese has it configured wrongly. After trying the link in the tweet, as I said, I just entered sfarchdiocese.org, figuring I could find the letter. That didn't work, so I went to Wikipedia which has the URLs of all Diocese that have them. No dice there, either. The entire site is gone. Hence, my assumption is that they've been hacked.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I noticed same thing. I expect it was the wonderful, tolerant woke left.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.