24 April 2021

Contemporary Jesuits Rarely Fail to Disappoint

I was going to share this, from Daffey Thoughts, and Mr Winchester's comment, but Mr McClarey saved me the trouble.

From The American Catholic

By Donald R. McClarey

From Dave Griffey at Daffey Thoughts:

Geesh.  If a priest said something that dismissive about Jews because they were Jews, I wouldn’t want him at my parish.  If a priest said something that dismissive about blacks because they are black, I wouldn’t want him at my parish.  If a priest said something that dismissive about Hispanics, Muslims, Buddhists, homosexuals, women, atheists, or any children of God, I wouldn’t want him at my parish.  The same goes for saying something that dismissive about my sons simply because of their skin color, even if it happens to be the priest’s skin color as well. Evil doesn’t stop being evil because I say it about my own, even if it’s what all the people at the best Hollywood parties with T&A say I should. I’m thankful, no matter what problems my parish has, that as of now, it has no priest like that. 

Go here to comment.  An excellent comment has been made by Nate Winchester:

Said it before, I’ll say it again: just take CS Lewis’ “dangers of national repentance” essay and replace “national” with “racial.”

here I’ll do it now:

“And repentance presupposes condemnation. The first and fatal charm of [racial] repentance is, therefore, the encouragement it gives us to turn from the bitter task of repenting our own sins to the congenial one of bewailing but, first, of denouncing the conduct of others. If it were clear to the young that this is what he is doing, no doubt he would remember the law of charity. Unfortunately the very terms in which [racial] repentance is recommended to him conceal its true nature. By a dangerous figure of speech, he calls the [race] not ‘they’ but ‘we’. And since, as penitents, we are not encouraged to be charitable to our own sins, nor to give ourselves the benefit of any doubt, a [race] which is called ‘we’ is ipso facto placed beyond the sphere of charity or even of justice. You can say anything you please about it. You can indulge in the popular vice of detraction without restraint, and yet feel all the time that you are practising contrition. A group of such young penitents will say, ‘Let us repent our [racial] sins’; what they mean is, ‘Let us attribute to our neighbour (even our Christian neighbour) whenever we disagree with him, every abominable motive that Satan can suggest to our fancy.’

One of the most ignored of Christ’s parables is the Pharisee and the Tax Collector:

 

Pride, Lucifer’s sin, is the deadliest of sins, and I know this personally to my sorrow.  What I find most irritating about the Jesuits, beyond the heterodoxy and the banal, unthinking Leftism, is the fact that a good many of them appear to be such utter condescending snots, an attitude as far from Christ as it is possible to be,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.