09 January 2021

Help! How to Follow Musings Elsewhere - Please Spread the Word

No, I haven't died or disappeared from the internet! A while back I was handed a 30 day ban from posting on Facebook. My 'crime'? Posting a meme of Stalin to illustrate the evils of communism. I'm guessing that they don't want the truth about communism to be known, because people might resist its imposition.

I'd not been banned for over a year, after a period when bans piled on top of one another, so I thought I was safe, but I guess not. 

I had a 'sockpuppet account' that I sat up during the last round of bannings, which I used during the bans. Unfortunately, I didn't belong to as many groups on that account, so my 'reach' was less, but it still gave me an opportunity to share my posts. However, yesterday, FB caught me using a second account which is forbidden.

Ironically, I have friends who have four, five, or six accounts under their real names who seem to have no problem. Of course, they don't post 'controversial' Christian and conservative material, so FB doesn't care about their violations of the rules. 

As soon as I was caught on the second account, posts started being declined as containing 'material that others have said was abusive'. The first post so blocked was a post on the Twelve Days of Christmas! 

So, I'm appealing to my readers for help. 

First of all, if you see this post and are on Facebook, please spread the word. My current ban runs out on the 18th, but if my past experience is any indication, this will only be the first of many. So, please let people who are interested know that I am OK and that there are alternative ways to read Musings. More on that in a bit.

I share across a wide variety of groups, Traditional Catholic, conservative, monarchist, and historical. If you share membership with me in these groups, PLEASE share the appropriate posts. There is a row of icons at the bottom of each post on the blog, including a Facebook icon. Clicking on that will open a FB 'share' page, with the standard drop down menu of places to share the post.

I know it's a pipedream to think that Facebook is going to die anytime soon, but a man can dream, can't he? And he can do his own small bit to hasten tf he day.

One way, of course, to follow Musings without using Facebook is to simply bookmark the URL of the blog:  Musings of an Old Curmudgeon.

But partly as a result of increasing severe left wing censorship of Christian and conservative viewpoints over the last months by Facebook, Twitter, YouTube (Google), and other 'mainstream' social media platforms, alternatives have risen in popularity.

So, if you'd like to join me in the Great Migration away from FAANG (Facebook, Amazon, Apple , Netflix, and Google), you can find me and the blog at MeWe on my personal page or at Musings of an Old Curmudgeon.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.