01 February 2020

Baltimore Catechism #2 - MORNING PRAYERS

MORNING PRAYERS
As soon as you awake, think of God. Make the Sign of the Cross and say:

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
Amen.

Then dress quickly and kneel down. Now say the Our Father, the Hail
Mary, the Apostles' Creed, the Confiteor and the Acts of Faith, Hope,
Love and Contrition which you have probably memorized. If you do not
know them by heart you will find them on pages 2-4.

Then if you have time also say the following prayers:

TO THE BLESSED VIRGIN. My Lady, and my Mother, remember I am thine; protect and defend me as thy property and possession.

TO SAINT JOSEPH.
Saint Joseph, model and patron of those who love the Sacred Heart of
Jesus, pray for us.

TO THE GUARDIAN ANGEL.
Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom His love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.

God bless Papa and Mamma. God bless Brothers and Sisters, and all my friends. God bless me, and make me a good child.

FOR THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED. Eternal rest give unto them, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Make the Sign of the Cross.

Next - Baltimore Catechism #2 - EVENING PRAYERS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.