04 December 2019

A Reply to a Protestant Friend

    As my readers know, I share my blog posts on appropriate Facebook groups, but I also share every post I make on my personal page and on the Musings of an Old Curmudgeon group page. This is an attempt to preach not only to the choir, as the saying goes, but also to those who are otherwise unlikely to see unabashed Catholicism on Facebook.

    On Monday, I shared a petition to the USSCB asking them to suppress Communion in the hand to reduce the risk of such blasphemies as the Houston Black Mass of a week or so ago.

    A protestant friend, not just a 'Facebook friend', but someone I've known IRL for 50 years, commented on it as follows,
    They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.The Satanists call their ceremony a Black Mass and it is a demented imitation of a Catholic mass. Not a Baptist revival, a Pentecostal talking in tongues service, or a Latter Day Saint or Jehovah's Witnesses meeting. It seemed the Satanists always had a hard on for Catholicism for some reason.
    The 'Church of Nice' (see Edward Feser's Against Candy-Assed Christianity) would say that a proper response would be something along the lines of, 'Well, an attack on one is an attack on all', or 'Actually, they hate all Christians'.

    But, since I belong, not to the 'Church of Nice', but to the One, Holy, Roman, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, outside of which there is no salvation, to make such a reply would show a distinct lack of charity to my friend.

    If I truly believe that Christ founded only One Church and that that One Church is necessary to salvation (and I do!), charity demands that I answer truthfully as to why the Satanists attack only the Catholic Church, so here is my answer,
    Mark, it's because they know who the enemy is. I know you're not a Catholic, but the protestants bent the knee to Satan when they broke away from the Mystical Body of Christ. The Satanists don't care about them because they know they already serve their Master in wounding the Catholic Church. I am not saying that there aren't sincere and good people in the protestant Churches. My mother and almost all my family, since the Protestant Deformation, have been protestant, but that doesn't change the fact that Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, and Henry VIII were doing the will of Satan, whether they knew it or not.

    1 comment:

    1. Love demands the truth, and you have shared it. God bless you, you Old Curmudgeon.

      ReplyDelete

    Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.