12 November 2018

Why I share Blog Posts, Rather than Links

I've explained earlier one reason Why I Post the Entire Article, Instead of Just a Link, and there is another reason as well. As I've mentioned, I ran a blog a number of years ago called The New Crusade. On it, I seldom shared an article. I would simply write an introduction, and link to the original story. If you go to it now (it's still online), and try to read some of the stories, when you click on the link, you will find that it's dead. For both of these reasons, I now share the entire story. But why do I share blog posts instead of links? Well, part of the reason is what I've just explained. 

The other reason is that I type labouriously, with one finger. My Mum called it the 'religious method', 'Seek and ye shall find'. When I was in high school, well over 50 years ago, girls took typing and boys took shop. As a result, I have never learnt to touch type, despite several stabs at it.

Because of this I share posts from my blog, rather than just sharing links to the stories I want to share. Why, you may ask? Because of the way the Facebook platform works. In order to share links, I have to go to each page. This involves typing the name in the search bar, choosing which of several pages come up as alternatives (or typing out the full name of the group, so there's only one choice), clicking on that, waiting for the page to load, pasting the link, and then clicking on 'post'. Then it's rinse and repeat.

On the other hand, sharing blog posts is much easier. On the Blogger platform, at the bottom of each post are a number of sharing icons, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger itself, etc. All I have to do is click on the FB icon, click on the 'share to group' in the drop down menu, and enter the beginning of the group name, or the beginning of a single word in the name, click on the group I want to share with, and click the 'share' button. In fact, several groups that I share to regularly come up at the top of the list when I type the first letter in the name, a great time saver!

Given my typing 'skill' this is much faster and easier. I always attribute the article to the source, linking to the original article. I often include a bit of information on the author, from the article if it's listed, or from a bit of quick research.

It may seem that I'm lazy, but my method is much more efficient and faster.

1 comment:

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.