06 November 2018

An Observation on My Readership

On Sunday, I chose not to post any horrific news on the state of the Church. I posted my regularly scheduled posts as I do every day, and I posted ten other new posts, so a total of 18 posts.

The new posts were not all upbeat. I shared an obituary, a couple of theological articles, an article on Fr Georges Lemaitre, the Catholic astronomer who developed the Big Bang theory, and three articles appropriate to Hallowtide, on catafalques, and purgatory.

So, yesterday, Monday, I went back to the usual, sharing articles on the situation in the Church.

And how did my readership compare on the two days? Over the last 30 days, I have averaged 1,735 page views per day. Some days hover around 1,000, others have been well over 2,000. On Sunday, I had 769. By 15.00 on Monday, I had reached that total. I finished the day with just over a thousand views, 1,035, which is fairly normal

I find it sad that Traditional Catholics today (and I assume the vast majority of my readers are Traditional Catholics) seem to go looking for the bad news. Yes, these are dark days, but there are items of good news, new things to learn, and other subjects to read about that are not horrible news about the state of the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.